Sunday, January 2, 2011

Second last day of freedom

Yes, that's right - second last day of freedom!  I go back to work on 4 January, so I'm making the most of the time left and have been creating up a storm (and going to see Disney's newest film "Tangled" at the cinema - really good, for those interested - both my girls thought it was great and Will and I had a good chuckle, too).

Anyway, onto the creative stuff.  I have been playing with my Prismacolour pencils (neglected recently while I revelled in my newer Copics, so I thought I'd better remind them that they are still loved).  Actually, I went looking for some stash which hadn't been looked at for a while, with this card - remember mulberry paper? (there was a time a few years ago where every second card had some on it), and I also Dimensional Magic-ed up some elements (star, moon and flower heads) in the image after I had finished colouring - another thing that seemed to have fallen out of favour a bit.

So, here in three parts (coloured in pencil, blended with solvent and lastly, the finished product) is my card.  Details to follow:

Prismas:
1014, 1068 and 1069 for the bunny.
901, 933 and 1101 for the sky.
1003 and 1012 for the star, moon, flowers and blended into the hilltop.
924 in the centre of the flowers.
908, 948, 1067, 1096 and 1097 for the hilltop.

Cardstock is unknown.
Layer papers are: Scenic Route Paper Co. "Cool Nights SR040", Southworth 25% Cotton Fibre Gold Parchment Paper, DieCuts with a View Mat Stacks Mulberry "Classic" pad.
Stamps are from Tiddly Inks Hoppy Wishes (find it here) and Stamp-it "Starry Dreams 1789C" (find it here).
Creative Memories "Stardust Maker" punch.
Dimensional Magic, tiny iridescent gold metallic stars, Chroma Archival Odourless Solvent for blending Prismas, and dimensional foam squares for popping up the sentiment.

Got some other stuff that I've been doing, too, but I'll post it up later - I'm feeling in the zone at the moment and I think I'll go and hide in my craft room, grab a cuppa, pump up the music and see what happens.

Happy crafting!
Bron

1 comment:

  1. Oh this is great! I've wanted some Prismacolours for ages but can't afford them on top of the Copics. I like how you showed the unblended colouring first, I can really see the effect now of blending with solvent. The earth especially looks so good. coB

    ReplyDelete