Saturday, January 8, 2011

Another offering to the crafting gods....

Hey all,
How's everything going with you?  I have gone back to work this week and have been having a bit of a difficult time getting back into the swing of it, to be honest.  And I've only been there for about 5 months, so there are still little bits and pieces which I am learning.  They chuck them at me at the oddest times, just in case I feel like getting complacent :)

I have done a couple of things I want to share with you all - a complete CASE (Copy And Steal Everything) from the most recent Take Ten magazine - the cards on page 69 by Ali Dufty in Devon, UK.  This is my take on the design (they are little notecards, rather than full size - I thought they would be nice for a gift set for someone - I might even go all out and make envelopes for them!):


I'm not going to bore you with details.  If you absolutely, positively need to know the stamp company or the colours I used, drop me a line - I will be happy to let you know if I can.

The other thing I have been working on is using the DTP backgrounds I did up (mentioned a couple of posts ago).  This is another one which came together pretty easily:


Details are as follows (I had them all written out, but the recipe has gone missing, so this is from memory):

Cardstock: SU! Taken with Teal and Pink Pirouette
Flowers: Mostly Prima
Brads: From personal stash
Inks: Tattered Angel Glimmer Mist in Juneberry Wine and Sapphire; SU! reinkers in Peach Parfait, Daffodil Delight; Stazon in Teal Blue (dragonflies and "specks" on teal card) and Midnight Blue (sentiment).
Stamps: Dragonfly (unknown), Big (Papercraft J7000.02 - Rebekka Erickson Signature Series) and Dots (Stamps by Judith AAA-04)

I am hoping that tomorrow is very busy, creatively.  I have a couple of images coloured up (and their recipes sitting in front of me), which need making into cards, so hopefully, I'll have a lot to brag about tomorrow night.  AND, we're being told it will be rainy, with the chance of a thunderstorm.  Which is the perfect excuse to close the door to my craft room, ramp up the volume on my iPod and get busy!

Until then, happy crafting!
Bron

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bron, Happy New Year to you and the family. These two projects are just beautiful, I love the little gift cards, do you have the SU mini scalloped envelope die for the Big Shot, it might be just the right thing. If you want plain white, let me know and I can run some off for you to put together. Love the second post, but then I'm a sucker for Teal in any form.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little cards and the big one, you have been very busy. CoB

    ReplyDelete