Saturday, August 20, 2011

And...a birthday card for my goddaughter, too!

Hi there everyone,

Yep - you read right - last week I finally posted up the card I had made for my godson's birthday (and I have just found out I placed in the Top 3 at My Mum's Craft Shop Challenge with his card, so I am totally stoked) and today I am posting up the one I have made for his sister.  Her birthday isn't until next week, but the party was today (held at the Canberra Observatory, no less - they sure didn't do that when I was a kid!  I would have loved looking through that big ole telescope at the stars and planets, let me tell you!)

Anyways, this one is fairly simple - inspired by the bag I put her birthday presents in (and which I didn't take a photo of, so you can't even see why I was inspired - but it's been that kind of week - one step behind, the entire time).


So, the cardstock is a very bright yellow that I had to hand.  The paper is from the 6x6 paper pad by Prima called "Sweet Fairy", the chipboard letters are from the "Weird Alphabet" by Crafty Kids and have been painted with Metallic Gold Lumieres paint, while the flowers, jewels and brads came from my stash.  Oh, and the butterfly uses some handmade papers by me and a punch by Martha Stewart.

I would like to enter it into the following challenges:

Whoopsie Daisy - Anything Go's
A Spoonful of Sugar - Happy Birthday
Crafter's Companion - Glitter & Glitz
Divas by Design - Birthdays
Crafty Calendar - Hot Colours
Just Tracy's Craft Challenge - Happy Birthday

And that's pretty much it from me at the moment.  I will catch up with all of you a bit later.

Until then,
Happy Crafting!

7 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous, I love the chipboard letters & the papers are fab!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Divas, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great card - love the striking gold letters and the pretty flowers
    Thanks for joining us at Divas by design this fortnight
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bron, this is so pretty. I'm sure your neice will love it. I'm usually not a fan of pink and yellow together but it seems these shades you've chosen are just right together.

    Do I detect even more challenges for this card than the last time? seriously, I'm really glad that you've found them, they really do help when the mojo is low and when its all flowing well the sky is the limit.

    Thanks for your comments on my latest projects. Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card, love it! Great lettering! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Trcys this month and hope to see you next time. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey Bron, congrats on your Top 3!!! How exciting for you, and the first of many I am sure.

    Love this bright happy card, I think it looks terrific with those big letters and pretty background and flowers. CoB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bron, such a pretty, girly card. I love seeing cards and gifts match I am sure she will love it.

    Congrats on your top pick for your last card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous and I am sure will be received with a smile, what a lovely girly card.

    Thanks for playing along at Just Tracys, hope to see you next month

    KK

    ReplyDelete