Just a quick post today - I was showing my mum (who started off as a scrapbooker, but who has slowly been dragged away from the dark side and is now a stamper who strays every so often) the embossed resist technique onto a piece of newspaper, using a funky fern stamp from Stampin Up from the set "Kind & Caring Thoughts". I clear embossed onto the newspaper until all the powder has melted, then covered the image over with Ranger's Distress Ink "Pine Needles" using a sponge and buffed off the excess ink so that the clear embossing with the print underneath showed through. The thick stripe down the left hand side is actually part of the newspaper article and is in a bottle green, which inspired the colour of the ink I used:
Then I made it up into a card, layering the embossed image onto a strip of Bazzil cardstock (a seafoam colour which I stamped with the same stamp using the Pine Needles ink again), then layered onto a piece of 6x6 paper from the Basic Grey pad "Two Scoops" which in turn went over a script stamp by Hero Arts "Old Letter Writing S4878" in Stampin Up's "Whisper White" ink onto a bottle green/dark teal card (brand unknown):
For a quick demo image, it turned into a pretty good card, I think.
More news is that my team was too late by two days to register for the Oxfam Trailwalker challenge I wrote about in my last post. So that's not happening this year. Maybe next year. There are a couple of other walking challenges happening this year and as soon as the girls and I are back from our Easter breaks, we'll look into what we can do instead.
My studio concreting was finished and then DH and I did a moderately alright job of covering the concrete with linoleum (not helped by the fact that the lino is years old and when we re-did our kitchen I sourced the last of the stock from the company who made it, which meant that we had to piece the area in the studio together with offcuts I had in the garage, kind of like a crazy quilt). Let's just say that it does the job and leave it at that, shall we?
The new cupboard/shelving unit went into the studio almost before the glue had had a chance to dry and I have pretty much already filled it all, which means that you can actually see my worktables again (not for long, given how I create, but it's nice to remember what they look like).
And that's pretty much it for today. I have a three commission cards which I need to complete, but once I have, you'll get to see what I've been doing. Plus there is a Secret Sister card for April which I can post early next month (can't do it yet, in case my SS sees it here and knows who the creator is before the "big reveal".
I hope everyone has had a good break, whether you celebrate Easter or not.
Until next time,